At our Duncan, SC location we are searching for a
Senior Packaging Engineer
Where we need you
- Oversee packaging strategy and processes in the region and provide strategic direction to plant packaging engineers and container management coordinators
- Support Sales, Procurement and RFQ teams with preparing cost calculations for new business and engineering changes
- Support Project Management by attending and contributing in core team meetings to ensure successful launch of new programs
- Ensure regional compliance with all customer portals and response to related customer complaint reports
- Ensure maintenance of up-to-date work instructions and training documentation addressing all customer specific requirements and documents/forms
- Coordinate trials and timing of new packaging instructions or engineering changes to address customer needs and concerns, as well as to improve internal logistics efficiency
- Apply knowledge to optimize existing packaging instructions to reduce buy-in and carrying costs
- Other duties, analysis and reporting as assigned by supervisor
- Each employee is responsible for the quality of his/her personal performance and how said performance impacts the environment, safety, and data security. This is applicable to the departments of development, production, management, logistics, and after market services, as well as to contact with customers and suppliers. Managers and supervisors are also responsible for the quality of his/her team's performance and how said performance impacts the environment, safety, and data security.
- This principle of comprehensive quality management is developed and furthered through training (on the job), continuing/ extended education, as well as continued supply of information and updates, and should be exemplified by supervisors on every level.
- Knowledge of customer specific requirements (CSR) necessary through advanced training, or work experience or a combination of the two.
How to convince us
- 7+ years work experience in packaging engineering or related fields
- 5+ years work experience in SAP
- Visio and AutoCAD (including 3D module) skills, specifically in packaging development
- Microsoft Office
- Project management or similar experience to coordinate information flow between multiple departments
- Spanish or German language helpful
- Automotive experience a plus
- Must be eligible for traveling to/from Mexico, Europe and US
- Bachelor’s degree in packaging science or related field or equivalent work experience
What we offer
- Primary Care Wellness Center onsite for all employees - AT NO COST (All spouses who carry Röchling health benefits have free access too)
- Röchling Wellness Program sponsoring run/walk programs throughout the year
- Wellness Credits
- Employee Discounts at Verizon, BMW, Ford, GM and more
- Continuous Improvement Program & Safety Awards
- Employee Referral
- Family Outings
Do you want to join our team? Please send your resume for consideration.
In the Automotive division, you will shape the mobility of tomorrow. Together with our customers, we develop system solutions for enhanced aerodynamics and efficiency. This means: We protect the environment while also improving the driving experience of millions of vehicles.
In the Röchling Group you’ll be shaping industry. Worldwide. Together, we are changing everyday lives – by making cars lighter, making drug packaging safer and enhancing industrial applications. With 11,000 employees in 25 countries.