2nd Shift Production Supervisor
|Job type||Job offer|
|A job for||
|We are looking for||
As of now
|A job at||
In the Röchling Group you’ll be shaping industry. Worldwide. Together, we are changing everyday lives – by making cars lighter, making drug packaging safer and enhancing industrial applications. With 11,000 employees in 25 countries.
In the Automotive division, you will shape the mobility of tomorrow. Together with our customers, we develop system solutions for enhanced aerodynamics and efficiency. This means: We protect the environment while also improving the driving experience of millions of vehicles.
At our Akron, OH location we are searching for a:
2nd Shift Production Supervisor
- Responsibilities include: Manage molding & assembly operations to meet quality, safety, and production schedule.
- Responsible for coordinating, planning & movement of employees for meeting production & quality requirements for optimal results internal & external.
- Develop and implement operating procedures that eliminate problems and/or improve quality and/or reduce cost.
- Devise and implement root cause & permanent corrective action plans to recover any lost production to attain production schedules.
- Actively pursue process and equipment changes to improve modifications to machines or equipment to improve production, quality and reduce cost.
- Make recommendations on molding and assembly processes to improve process to reduce labor, improve workflow, efficiencies and minimize scrap.
- Ensure that all production orders are produced in a timely manner with attention to quality and operating budgets.
- Work closely with Assistant Shift Leader to enhance their job skills.
- Establish training need with department manager to improve operator’s job skills.
- Maintain daily shift handover meetings with employees to keep all personnel informed of critical issues.
- Work with cross function teams to make continuous improvement to eliminate waste.
- Review& analyze production, quality control, maintenance and operational reports to determine causes of nonconformity to product specifications and operating or production problems and take necessary corrective action.
- Administer Company policies and maintain employer/employee relations on the highest level. Interpret company policies to workers and enforce safety regulations.
- Assist in resolving worker concerns and unresolved issues to Human Resources Manager.
- Implement all new projects to production from pre-series to series production, including training on all shifts.
- Ensure confidentiality is a priority.
- Maintain a “whatever it takes” attitude to ensure best in class standards to get the job done.
- Other duties as needed.
- Each employee is responsible for the quality of his/her personal performance and how said performance impacts the environment, safety, and data security. This is applicable to the departments of development, production, management, logistics, and after market services, as well as to contact with customers and suppliers. Managers and supervisors are also responsible for the quality of his/her team's performance and how said performance impacts the environment, safety, and data security.
- This principle of comprehensive quality management is developed and furthered through training (on the job), continuing/ extended education, as well as continued supply of information and updates, and should be exemplified by supervisors on every level.
- Knowledge of customer specific requirements (CSR) necessary through advanced training, or work experience or a combination of the two.
- Must have at least 5 + years supervisory experience in a molding and assembly-manufacturing environment.
- Processing molding machines would be a plus
- Experience with SAP a plus
- Provide leadership and training to production and technical personnel
- 5-10 years prior processing and/or technical training in plastics a plus
- Experience in a molding and assembly production supervisory capacity preferred
- BA in Engineering preferred or equivalent years of related experience
- We are looking for a team player with well- developed interpersonal skills, with proven ability to support a positive team environment.
- Primary Care Wellness Center onsite for all employees - AT NO COST (All spouses who carry Röchling health benefits have free access too)
- Röchling Wellness Program sponsoring run/walk programs throughout the year
- Wellness Credit
- Employee Discounts at Verizon, BMW, Ford, GM and more
- Continuous Improvement Program & Safety Awards
- Employee Referral Program
- Family Outings
Interested in joining our team? Please send your resume for consideration.